A free music notation program based on the ABC programming language.
Maintainer: Aaron Newman
Version 1.0 is finally released!
Download iabc from the project summary page
iabc Information Page
- Return to the ABC mother ship.
- To learn how to use iABC, see Using iABC.
- If you're new to ABC, there is an (i)ABC Tutorial
- Learn about the Latest Official Release or read the Release and Developers notes. This is also a good source for learing about the iABC code.
- If you want to build iABC, see the Build Notes. Under Linux you have to build it and you need wxWidgets 2.6.
iabc is a free (open source) program for editing music. It uses the ABC
music notation language to produce high-quality graphical notation or
output. The music notation and the ABC notation can be updated in real-time,
making the construction of tunes using the ABC language hassle-free (or at
How Do I Get iabc?
You just need to download it from the sourceforge host site at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/abc
What features does iabc implement
- Graphical Display of music
- Music printing
- MIDI output
- Multi-voice abc
- Cut/paste/undo/transpose edit functions
My goal with
iabc is to incorporate the functionality of a wide
variety of 'filter' tools, such as
into one easy-to-use application. My goal was to not make it the
'front end' (or worse, 'back end') of any other program, no matter how useful.
Nothing against the text-based tools, but the technology has evolved to a point
that it should be possible to provide free music software the is both graphical